How hydrogen empowers the energy transition from non-renewable to renewable is incredible. In 2015, 195 countries signed a legally binding agreement to keep global warming below 2°C. This energy transition requires the installation and integration of renewable energy sources. Thankfully, hydrogen can facilitate the energy transition.
Hydrogen fuel cell technology has the potential to ease the transition to clean and low-carbon energy systems. The change will significantly reduce CO2 emissions and improve air quality. That is because hydrogen is a versatile, safe, and clean energy carrier. It generates zero emissions when being utilized.
[bctt tweet=”Are you wondering how hydrogen empowers the energy transition? Learn all the roles of hydrogen in the energy transition. #sapphirenatgas #hydrogen #energytransition” via=”no”]
Now, let’s look at how hydrogen facilitates the transition to renewable energy.
The Role of Hydrogen in Energy Transition
Hydrogen has unique properties that make it a reliable fuel source for the energy transition. According to the Hydrogen Council, here are some of the roles of hydrogen in the energy system and end-use applications.
- Facilitates efficient, large-scale renewable energy integration by improving the flexibility and efficiency of the energy system.
- Distributes energy to various sectors and regions not well-positioned to produce electricity using wind and solar power, including Japan.
- Acts as a buffer to increase the resilience of the energy system. That is because hydrogen has a high energy density and long-term storage capacity.
- Decarbonizes transport because it is a low-carbon fuel. Hydrogen produces zero emissions, making it an environmentally friendly fuel for vehicles.
- Decarbonizes energy used in industries. Most industries are using hydrogen in various low-grade heat applications like drying and heating.
Hydrogen Reduces CO2 Emissions
Hydrogen is a clean, safe energy source that you can use as fuel for power. The good news is that the fuel produces zero emissions because it is low-carbon. For that reason, hydrogen has become a reliable fuel for zero-emission vehicles such as hydrogen-powered FCEVs, battery electric vehicles (BEVs), and hybrid combinations.
Keeping Up With Energy Demands
As the demand for energy increases in the transport, buildings, and industrial sectors, the need for low-emission fuels also rises. Thankfully, hydrogen can help the sectors meet the global energy demand. It has the potential to boost the economic efficiency of renewable investments, enhancing the security of power supply when demand is high.
Sapphire Gas Solutions
Now that you understand how hydrogen empowers the energy transition, it is worth investing in this clean, low-carbon fuel to reduce pollution. Hydrogen fuel generates zero emissions, making it a reliable fuel source in various sectors. Thankfully, Sapphire Gas Solutions can help you transition to renewable energy sources.
Contact us for affordable renewable energy solutions.